Tuesday 2 July 2013

chicken with mixed vegetables and rice

Please bear in mind that I live in Holland so will list ingredients that I use here, if you need advice on UK versions please let me know and I'll do my best

Ingredients: - feeds 3-4 people

3-4 Chicken Breasts
300g rice (as long as it's gluten free)
300-400g mixed vegetables (can be frozen or fresh, wok mixes are good)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper
Salt
Curry powder



Preparation:

Dice the chicken
Add salt, black pepper and curry powder to flavour the chicken
Leave for 10 mins to let the flavour absorb
Cook the rice as per instructions on the packet
Heat the olive oil
Add the vegetables and heat for 10 minutes, stirring often
Add the chicken and cook for a further 10-15 mins
Add the cooked rice to the wok and stir for a further 3-5 minutes.
If required add additional salt and pepper to taste



Serve in bowls

No comments:

Post a Comment